Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eric Schmidt speaks to Adage Digital Editor




I caught up with Eric Schmidt speaking to Abbey Klasssen, Adage's digital editor.This has come across as one of the better interviews by a tech guy.

Schmidt tackles questions about Google's identity, its business model and how it sees the future unfolding.

I like the way, the speaker says in the beginning-"Google has changed the way we process content and consume entertainment."

I still remember, around 10 years ago, search was at most an interesing application. How it has come into its own and literally drove the net (or being driven by it, I don't know which is true!) is something that I have watched with amazement.

And Google has also been lucky in this whole process. They ahve been intelligent enough to ride the wave.

But I dont know if Search as a platform will grow so big, that everything will be driven by keywords and a kind of adsense network powered by Google?

Will Google's power be enormous then or will it be reduced, as consumers might settle down with a roster of ten to fifteen of their sites to go to. That could be a spanner in Google's plans.!!

This is something that I would invite comments on.

Regards
Shaleen

No comments:

Post a Comment